I love dressing up! I got this dress on super clearance a while back and never had the chance to wear it until 4-H Roundup a week or two back. I'm just crazy over pretty/open backs.
I got this skirt from Old Navy for $4 5 years ago, and pretty much haven't worn it since. I pulled it out the other day, and got so many compliments I've worn it quite a few times since then. Deal? I think so.
Hi! Gosh, is summer this busy for anyone else? It's been crazy for me! I really want to get back on track with blogging, because I've honestly missed it. So here's a quick recap:
I finished my 30 for 30! Now to just get all the pictures together...
My internships are still going really well. I'll be ending the mall marketing internship shortly so that I can work for time for the 4H office (where I can get paid!) But I am still working on a few mall projects- Tennessee Tax Free weekend, The back to school fashion shows and Fashion's Night Out!
I also recently picked up a new hobby... Scuba diving! Greg, being the totally cool boyfriend that he is, bought me scuba lessons for Christmas, and now that the weather's warm I've finally gotten around to taking them. I'm already hooked, and all I've done so far is learn how to use the equipment... in the shallow end of a pool. I may have also taught myself how to hover superman style mid-air underwater (sorry for the contradiction, I'm not really sure how else to say that) while the rest of the students were paying somewhat better attention....
As for some good news, I'm goin' to the beach! I can hear the beach boys already. They're seriously one of my summertime favs. We're leaving this Saturday for my uncle's place on the Outer Banks, which just so happens to have one of the best donut shops on the face of the earth. And also a massive and wonderful J. Crew outlet. I will be visiting them both.
And lastly, I got a blog award! Katya of This Time is a Charm gave me the One Lovely Blog Award! She's completely adorable, and has some of the best outfits, so you should definitely go check out her blog!
So, I'm supposed to write 7 things about myself (as if this weren't already a super long post!)
1. I live on a farm- kind of. We don't work our land, but we do have horses, donkeys, dogs, cats, and a really big garden.
2. I love to study languages! I'm going to Spain to hopefully finish becoming fluent in Spanish, I studied Chinese all last year, and I would love to take French too.
3. I don't have a huge group of friends, but the ones I do have I would seriously trust with my life.
4. I consider my dad one of my best friends. And even though sometimes he does some not so smart things, I'm probably one of the biggest Daddy's girls there is.
5. I want to travel so bad! Anywhere. For real. When I study abroad in Spain this fall I'll be visiting England, France, Morocco/Africa, and 9 other cities around Spain. I'm dying already.
6. My boyfriend and I met at our high school prom. Then never spoke to each other again until last year... on facebook. Last week was our one year and I bought him an engraved picture frame and asked the lady her opinion for what I should engrave. Her suggestion- Thank God for facebook. I decided against that one...
7. I go to a Catholic school, and my first thought about it was, "I really want to get a picture of these monks in their robes." I never did get a picture, but I did become friends with a bunch of them, and goodness, they're some of the nicest people ever!
Ok, so I'm passing on this award to:
Alright, that's all for now!
Be back soon!