Pages

30 September 2010

Temptation


What
Jeans: American Eagle, gift
Top: American Apparel, gift
Oxfords: Urban Outfitters, $50
Necklace: Buckle, $12

Where
So last weekend was filled with sleeping late, lounging around, recovering from a hard week class wise, and preparing for more coming exams. Almost all of this took place in my dorm room, in sweatpants and a tshirt. Sunday afternoon I decided to head down to the coffeehouse on campus to get a change of location and help with my focus (Is it just me, or is this gorgeous fall season making it harder for everyone to pay attention?) Anyways, I decided that I was just going act like a student and wear my sweatpant/tshirt/ponytail ensemble with pride. I got halfway down my hall before turning around to change.... So once I got back to my room and my room-mate lovingly rolled her eyes at my inability to wear sweats in public, I put on jeans and my favorite new oxfords. Then, just because it was a little chilly, I added my go-to beige cardigan. And then it turned into, what the heck- why not just add a necklace and brush my hair (haha.) But seriously, lately when I'm feeling lazy I seem to always either twist or braid my bangs back. I feel like it gives someone of a more put-together feel while still looking pretty nice.

Btw... The most amazing secretary at my summer internship gave me tons of her daughter's clothes because she was moving away and didn't want them anymore (yes, I'm completely and totally OK with hand-me-downs. Anytime free clothes in good condition are offered, I'll gladly take them!) In the four GIANT bags was a pretty good selection of tops, pants, dresses, as well as a skirt or two. The Gap, The Limited, American Eagle, Express, and Urban Outfitters were just a few of the brands (This is probably the closest I'll ever get to Christmas in July!) But my absolute favorite piece, hands down, is this graphic tee from American Apparel. It has got to be the softest piece of clothing I've ever put on, and I've been wearing it constantly lately! Does anyone else have any experience with the brand? Is all of their stuff this awesome?? If so, I can feel some online shopping in my very near future...

So that was my Sunday in a nutshell. The only thing even remotely interesting I did was paint the run through sign for my college's football game this coming Saturday.

"Hey Tornadoes (that's the opposing team) the forecast for the game is sunny with a Bearcat (that's us, haha) Win."

Corny? Yes. Oh well :)

OH WAIT.... I totally forgot, I DID get to do something super awesome on Sunday, and it's fashion related! I'll definitely be writing a post about that one super soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thank you so much for stopping by :) Leave me a link so I can visit you too!