Pages

14 March 2011

Monday


{Dress: Macy's, $6}
{Jacket: Gadzooks, $20}
{Tights: Target, $10}
{Boots: TJ Maxx, $30}
{Brooch: Vintage, Grandma's}

Do you ever come up with a truly simple solution to a problem, and are somehow just amazed with yourself? Well that's what happened to me last night when I was planning this outfit. I bought this XL dress several sizes too large (I wear a small or medium) because I just loved the style, and because it was $6. I had the intention of tailoring it to fit better over spring break, but of course I got too busy doing absolutely nothing. Last night, I decided I couldn't wait any longer to wear this little dress. It looked frumpy as it was though, and belts just made it look really awkward. I gave up for awhile and started playing with my accessories when it hit me- cinch the waist with my brooch! Luckily nobody could tell and I got compliments all day.

I used to feel bad because I getting compliments on my outfit made me feel so happy. I was afraid to admit how much I liked hearing them because I was afraid that meant I was just being superficial. But I think I've finally realized that it's kind of similar to complimenting an artist on their drawing. It's not so much about the superficial looks (at least for me) but more so that someone can appreciate what I took the time to put together.

Does anyone else feel that way (about either subject)?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous solution! The dress looks perfect on you and I love your boots. I'm with you on style compliments. To me, it's complementing one's taste.

    XO, Katie
    Running On Happiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completly with you. some people have passions about music and I am more than happy to compliment their music when it is good. It is the same concept except with style. I like Katies idea about it too though.
    I love how you did the brooch. AWESOME idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit and love the blog! :) I think compliments are great! They make you feel better about yourself and that's a good thing.

    gentrilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH i love this dress!!! what a steal!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you; thank you so much for stopping by :) Leave me a link so I can visit you too!