Pages

09 June 2011

I may or may not have bought a cupcake that matched my outfit...












Top: Target, $9
Skirt: Swap with Ramsey
Necklace: Banana Republic Outlet, $6
Wedges: Chinese Laundry via TJ Maxx, $20
Belt: Swap with Ramsey

I know a lot of people have a hard time dressing up during the cold weather months, but for me it's the summer that really challenges my creativity!  It's been so hot in Knoxville (90s allllllll week) that all I want to wear is a flowy dress or simple skirt and tank.  Yesterday I went for this breezy skirt from Ramsey paired with a simple white top and my new necklace.  I also started out with a navy cardigan, which, surprisingly, looked really good with the bright colors of the skirt.  But after about 10 minutes, that layer came right off.  Hellllo summer.  

Does anyone else have the summer uniform problem like I do??  


Also, here is how I cure my bad days-  a cupcake from the local cupcakery and a tall glass of milk.  I know some people are saying that cupcakes are "out" and pies are "in"  but whoever is saying that has obviously not had the Knoxville from Cities Cupcakes.  At this little local place, all of the cupcakes are named after cities (France is a delicate strawberry pink and cream, New York black and white with a cingular mini oreo garnish, and my favorite, the Knoxville, is orange flavored- of course- with an amazing buttercream topping.)

yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Love how you wore this skirt with the belt and heels! And I dig you on the heat. It is an outfit killer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is awesome that your cupcake matched your skirt and that necklace is awesome. I love summer and summer clothes however sometimes I do feel my outfits look kind of bland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a cupcake that matches your outfit. I may in fact strive to make that happen this week! Just sayin. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you; thank you so much for stopping by :) Leave me a link so I can visit you too!