Pages

18 March 2010

Thursday Beauty Day- Coral Lips



What
Jeans: Old Navy
Top: JCPenney
Jacket: Steve and Barry's
Necklace: American Eagle
Flats: Target

Where
Classes and Work

For many of us girls on the go we tend to develop a morning make-up routine; and while it's good to figure out what works best for our skin tones and personalities, we also should be willing to mix it up every once and awhile. This week I decided to experiment with coral lips. Although this isn't a super in-your-face trend, it's something I felt comfortable wearing to class and around campus.

What I Used:
I normally never wear lipstick or gloss, so I bought these items specifically for this project. I purchased them from Walmart, and they ran about $5 a piece.

Maybelline Lipstick in Cool Watermelon
Neutrogena Gloss in Glisten

I think it's safe to assume most of you know how to put on lipstick ;) However I do have some helpful hints.
1) Put on a little chap-stick before applying any color or gloss. This helps the color to slide on smoothly.
2) Unless your going for a matte look, apply a layer of color, and then some sheer gloss to help the color shine.
3) After applying color and/or gloss, stick your finger in your mouth (as if your sucking on your thumb or something) and then pull it out. I know this sounds silly- but it actually takes off any color or gloss that may be on the inside of your lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thank you so much for stopping by :) Leave me a link so I can visit you too!