Pages

25 May 2010

Trendy Tuesday: Tribal Print



Like nautical, tribal is one of those trends that come back every spring and early summer. It's a fun trend to experiment with because the print can be found in almost any size and color on almost any type of clothing and accessory.

The easiest and perhaps most common way to wear tribal is to throw on a printed dress. Add some simple accessories and throw on a denim jacket if it's cold and you have an instant fashion-forward outfit.

How I Wore it:




What
Dress: Belks? , $20
Camisole: Forever 21, $3
Denim Jacket: Gadzooks, $20
Gladiators: Old Navy, $5
Earrings: Rue 21, $3
Ring: Gift

Just to illustrate the fact that tribal is a reappearing trend, I bought this dress on clearance 3 years ago. Its a string halter with a bandeau style top. To make it work appropriate I layered the dress over a plain white camisole and under a denim jacket. Simple gladiators and drop earrings completed my "trendy tuesday" look.

Other Ways to Wear Tribal:

If you've been following my blog, you know one of my signature looks is a high-waisted skirt with a plain top, belt, necklace and flats. Following that combination, here is my first tribal outfit. The whole look is based around the fun printed skirt. However, since this outfit is pretty loud (graphic skirt, bib necklace and gladiator sandals) this outfit is for someone who isn't afraid to experiment with the trend


Trends-Tribal PrintFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

Another hot way to wear tribal for the warmer weather is with shorts. Since busy patterns draw the eye toward them, if you're self conscious of your legs and thighs, this style may not be for you.
Trends-Tribal 2Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

If you're really wary of tribal print items but still want to give the trend a try, get some fun tribal-inspired bangles. I love the wooden/gold/muticolored combination in the bracelets below, plus it's an easy way to test out the trend.



Tribal-3Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

So, what are you're feelings on tribal print items? Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thank you so much for stopping by :) Leave me a link so I can visit you too!